Friday, May 14, 2010

Roma, my Home-a

So I wish I had time right now to write a post of epic awesomeness, but alas, I do not. I have plans with the German ladies to take a walk on the beach and chat while we lay out in the Grecian sun.

It's our last day here in Greece, and we leave tonight for an overnight ferry to Italia. Then we take a train from Bari (which is on
the east coast of Italy) to Rome (which is closer to the center). We were trying to leave tomorrow, but this is the last ferry out until Sunday, and then we would have one less day in Roma, which would be unacceptable indeed!

It has been a great stay at The Pink Palace, but I must say I am very eager to get to Italy. For those who may not know, I studied abroad there a couple of years ago, and fell in love with Rome. I can't wait to show Dan the ropes! He's really excited, especially for the Vatican and the Colosseum. Hey, I can't blame him.

We also plan to go to the Trevi Fountain, because it will be my third time there! And you know what they say... Actually, I don't entirely know what they say. I think it's something like, the first time you visit the fountain you will go back to Rome. Check. The second time you visit the fountain, you will fall in love. Check. The third time you visit the fountain, you will have a great and long life. If you know how the legend really goes, please comment! Otherwise, I'll just keep thinking that I'm right and that's fine.

But we're off for a walk on the beach, so until next time, YAMAS!

2 comments:

  1. Greetings from Cambridge. it is sounding great, enjoy Italia....so three times to Trevi....Eat some pasta for me!!! MOMO

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was at the Trevi Fountain I was told that if you threw in a penny from your native country that it meant you would for sure return to Roma:)

    ReplyDelete